Self Directed IRA Investment Ideas
Numerous types of alternative assets can be held in a Self Directed IRA, allowing for complete control. The IRA Club accepts all investments permitted by the Internal Revenue Service. There are only a few restrictions; life insurance, S Corps and collectibles such as art, antiques, rugs, stamps, cars, etc. Your IRA Club Self Directed IRA can hold hundreds of unique assets. Please note that the IRA Club does not hold investments such as stock, bonds and mutual funds.
- You pick the investment.
- Opportunity for enhanced returns.
- All the proceeds from the investment go directly to your Self Directed IRA with no federal income tax or federal tax filing.
- Apply the proceeds towards your next investment to keep your Self Directed IRA growing tax-free.
Things to Know Before Investing
- The purchase should not constitute a “prohibited transaction.”
- All expenses associated with the investment must be paid using funds in your IRA account. All revenue must go back to the IRA account.
- The investment is made by the IRA – not you.
- The IRS Publication 590 and 560 is a great resource. Please visit the IRS website at www.irs.gov