Things you should know before self directing.
Choosing a Firm
Take control of your retirement plans today—alternative self-directed IRA investing with true flexibility. Invest in real estate, private equity, crypto, and more!
Selecting a Plan
IRA Club offers many tax-advantaged accounts such as an HSA, ROTH IRA, Traditional IRA, SEP-IRA, SIMPLE IRA, Inherited IRA, Solo 401k, and even Minor IRAs for your children or grandchildren. Selecting the correct account type will best be determined by examining your current plans and retirement goals. A knowledgeable IRA Club specialist will help position the right fit. A simple phone call will get you in the right direction.
Unlimited Investment Possibilities
Self Directed IRAs open a world of investment opportunities beyond stocks, bonds, and mutual funds. A Self Directed IRA allows you to invest in real estate, promissory notes, raw land, wind turbines, life settlement policies, mobile homes, tax liens/deeds, etc. As long as the investment generates passive income back into the IRA, the options are endless.
Understanding Prohibited Transactions
When it comes to Self Directed IRA investing, there are certain transactions that the IRS considers to be prohibited. It would be best if you steered clear of these to avoid any unintended tax consequences. The prohibited transactions are straightforward. Simply put, no self-dealing. Before investing, be sure to familiarize yourself with the IRS rules regarding disqualified persons and prohibited transactions. Click here to learn more.
Investing In What You Know
With control comes responsibility. Understanding what you are investing in is just as important as choosing the type of investment. A good rule of thumb is to invest in what you know. This will allow you to ask the right questions and perform precise due diligence. Remember, IRA Club does not provide investment, tax, financial, or legal advice.
As with any powerful tool, there are a few obligations you should be aware of. It is your responsibility to:
- Select your IRA investments
- IRA Club cannot recommend an investment.
- Monitor the investments that your IRA owns
- Are things progressing as they should?
- Are your time targets being met?
- Report to IRA Club (no less than annually) the fair market value of the assets in your IRA
- Has the value of the asset changed (up or down) since you last let us know? The asset’s value that appears on your IRA Club statement will be the value you provide to us. IRA Club cannot make up a value.
- In most cases, the asset value information you provide to IRA Club does not require an appraisal.