How It Works
Opening a Self Directed IRA is as easy as 1,2,3! OPEN, FUND, INVEST
Open a Self-Directed IRA Account
Contact the IRA Club to speak with a professional team member. We want to ensure all your questions are answered. 312-795-0988. You can also fill out an application online. Choose from a Roth, Traditional or SEP Self Directed IRA.
If you would like to proceed, we will walk you through our application process.
Fund Your Account
Once your new Self Directed IRA account is open, there are a few options for funding the account.
- IRA Transfer
- Complete the IRA to IRA Transfer Form
- Please note certain trustees will need your original signature. These forms will need to be mailed to our office.
- If your IRA is partially or all invested in stocks or mutual funds, contact the current trustee to liquidate/sell the current holdings. Let us know when this is complete, so we can then start the transfer process for you.
- Wait for the funds to arrive. Please note that the transfer process varies with each trustee and some will take longer than others. Please allow 2-3 weeks.
- Previous Employer Plans; 401k, 403b, 457b, 503, TSP Rollover
- Contact your 401k administrator. The trustee will accept instructions only from the account owner (you).
- If your old 401k is partially or all invested in stocks or mutual funds, contact the current trustee to liquidate/sell the current holdings.
- Wait for the funds to arrive. Please note that the transfer process varies with each company and some will take longer than others. Please allow 2-3 weeks.
- Double check your contribution limit
- Complete the Deposit Form
- Contribute to your account through:
- Wire transfer/ACH
- Credit Card
*Please note that contributions charged on a credit or debit card will be assessed a 3.5% processing fee
Select the Investment
Remember, with a Self Directed IRA you pick the investment. Contact the IRA Club so we can walk you through the process of your specific investment.
Remember the IRA Club offers:
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Unlimited growth with no maximum limit to your account size
- Low flat fees and straightforward pricing
- Free allowable transaction review