How It Works
Opening a Self Directed IRA is as easy as 1,2,3! OPEN, FUND, INVEST
Open a Self-Directed IRA Account
Contact the IRA Club to speak with a professional team member. We want to ensure all your questions are answered. 888-795-7950. You can also fill out an application online. Choose from a Roth, Traditional or SEP Self Directed IRA.
If you would like to proceed, we will walk you through our application process.
Fund Your Account
Once your new Self-Directed IRA account is open, there are a few options for funding the account.
- IRA Transfer
- Complete the IRA to IRA Transfer Form
- Please note certain trustees will need your original signature. These forms will need to be mailed to our office.
- If your IRA is partially or all invested in stocks or mutual funds, contact the current trustee to liquidate/sell the current holdings. Let us know when this is complete, so we can then start the transfer process for you.
- Wait for the funds to arrive. Please note that the transfer process varies with each trustee and some will take longer than others. Please allow 2-3 weeks.
- Old 401(k), 403(b), 457(b), 503, TSP Rollover
- Contact your 401(k) administrator. The trustee will accept instructions only from the account owner (you).
- If your old 401(k) is partially or all invested in stocks or mutual funds, contact the current trustee to liquidate/sell the current holdings.
- Wait for the funds to arrive. Please note that the transfer process varies with each company and some will take longer than others. Please allow 2-3 weeks.
- Double check your contribution limit
- Complete the Deposit Form
- Contribute to your account through:
- Wire transfer/ACH
- Credit Card
*Please note that contributions charged on a credit or debit card will be assessed a 3% processing fee
Select the Investment
Remember, with a Self-Directed IRA you pick the investment. Contact the IRA Club so we can walk you through the process of your specific investment.
Remember the IRA Club offers:
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- Unlimited growth with no maximum limit to your account size
- Low Flat Fees and straightforward pricing
- Free allowable transaction review